AHB-T Harley Radio Interface Harness for Amplifiers
- Optional Accessory Input. This optional plug should be left disconnected if you are using a DSR1. This plug connects to the bikes accessory circuit located behind the voltage gauge. This circuit gets 12 volts only when the bike is in accessory or ignition mode. When connected 12 volts is sent through the harness to the accessory output on section #1 of the harness. (See pic 1 above). DSR1 sound processors should not be connected to the bikes accessory. The DSR1 has a feature built into it called DC Detect. If the bike's accessory is connected to the DSR1 the DC Detect feature will be over ridden and a nasty turn on pop will occur. This wire is Blue or Red depending on the production date.
- Disconnect the main harness from radio and connect this section to that radio harness.
- Connect to factory radio.
- Speaker level RCA outputs. Connect to aftermarket DSP or amplifier inputs. If the RCA outputs are not labled, refer to the speaker wire color codes below to identify channels (i.e. left/front, right/front, left/rear, right/rear).
- Power, ground, & accessory output for optional DSP. This is for low current devices (less than 2 amperes of current) only! Not intended to power amplifiers. If not using these connections, disconnect the four pin plug and do not use the male end of this harness in your installation. Note: DO NOT CONNECT FOUR PIN FEMALE PLUG TO ANY PART OF FACTORY HARLEY HARNESS!
- Speaker outputs. Connect to aftermarket amplifier outputs for factory speaker locations.
Speaker Wire Color Code
Some newer versions of this wire harness will have color coded speaker wires for the factory speaker lines.
White = Left Front +
White/Black = Left Front -
Grey = Right Front +
Grey/Black = Right Front -
Green = Left Rear +
Green/Black = Left Rear -
Violet = Right Rear +
Violet/Black = Right Rear -
Built In Radio Load Equalizer and Speaker Level Outputs
Built In Connectors
Uninsulated butt connectors are used on this harness. You can use these connectors in conjunction with heat shrink or tape and crimp directly to bare wire connections such as those found on Diamond and Rockford Fosgate mini amplifiers or you can use them as wire ferrules and insert them directly into the connectors on amplifiers with Allen terminals like the ones you find on Diamond Audio HXM series amplifiers.