PowerBass XL692SS 6x9" Speaker Pair
American Hard Bag now offers easy financing through Snap! Finance.
Fast & Easy • No Credit Needed • 100-Day Cash Pay Off
We Build Full Systems!
There are many more speakers, amplifiers, and kits to choose from than what you see here.
About Powerbass XL Speakers
- 6 x 9" Co-Axial Weather Proof Speaker System
- Polypropylene Cone
- Rubber Surround
- 30 oz Motor Structure
- Gold Terminals
- Water Proof Trampoline Voice Coil Gasket
- 1" Mylar Dome Tweeter
- Black Powder Coated Steel Basket
- Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware
- Includes Both White and Black Aluminum Mesh Grills
- 3-ohm System Impedance = 50% more power from your amplifier than an equivalent 4 ohm speaker
American Hard bag Review on XL-692SS
We tested these speakers out on our shop bikes and a couple of local bikes. We found that the low bass response of these 6x9s was actually better than any other 6x9 that we have ever tested. Hybrid audio makes a very cool 6x9 mid only (U69) that is slightly lowder and has harder hitting bass but comes in at a totally different price bracket. The dome tweeters on these speakers are also some of the loudest that we have ever heard on a 6x9, and they sound very nice as well. During our test we were very hard on these speakers and supplied them with 200 watts each and let them rip for over an hour at full tilt boogie. We were not able to damage them. All speakers have their limitations but we found these to be tougher than most.
Things to know about these speakers.
- 3 ohm impedance means that you yield 50% more power over a 4 ohm speaker. The con to this design is that you can not put two of these speakers on a single channel of an amplifier without potentially demanding too much from the amp. one speaker per channel is fine though.
- These speakers use iron magnets, so take into account the weight that you will be adding to your bags.