JL Audio VX400/4i: 4 Ch. Class D Full-Range Amplifier with Integrated DSP, 400 W
VX400/4i: 4-Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier with Integrated DSP, 100 W x 4 @ 2 Ω / 75 W x 4 @ 4 Ω - 14.4V
Designed to simplify great audio, every VXi amplifier combines our advanced NexD2™ switching amplifier technology with an integrated, full-featured digital signal processor.
With our second-generation NexD2™ technology, the VX400/4i full-range amplifier outputs up to 75 watts per channel into 4 ohms, or 100 watts into 2 ohms. It can also be bridged into 4 ohms, producing up to 200 W x 2.
The NexD2™ full-range technology in this amplifier is DSP-controlled and features a reduced loop area design utilizing DirectFET™ outputs for outstanding fidelity, very low noise and exceptional efficiency. The amplifier chassis is ultra-compact, with all connections on one side, to greatly simplify installation into tight spaces.
Instead of traditional control knobs and switches, all amplifier adjustments and DSP functionality are configured via a compatible external device (PC, Tablet or Smartphone), with the appropriate JL Audio TüN™ Software application installed.
Amplifier includes: Power Connector (for 4 AWG wire), Analog Input/Pre-Out Harness, Speaker Output Harness, 6 ft A/B USB Cable
TüN™ Software Applications
Intuitive setup and tuning, all at your fingertips. Automatically recognizes connected amplifier and displays appropriate interface. TüN™ is available for download for free in a variety of applications, for computers and most handheld devices.
Unprecedented, Onboard DSP Tuning Power
- Premium, triple-core AKM® DSP with an optimized configuration, developed in collaboration with AKM®
- Hi-Res audio processing at 24 bit/96 kHz
- High-performance AKM® A/D and D/A converters
- 10 Bands of fully parametric EQ, per output channel, including pre-outs
- Shelving EQ option for Band 1 and Band 10
- High-Pass & Low-Pass Filters for each output channel, with selectable alignments and slopes:
Linkwitz-Riley: 12, 24, 48 dB/octave
Butterworth: 6, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 dB/octave
- Signal Delay in 0.01 millisecond steps (equivalent to 1/8-inch, 3 mm)
- All-Pass Filter (Phase EQ), with variable "Q" and corner frequency
- Polarity Reversal (0 or 180 deg.)
- Output Level Trim in 0.1 dB steps
NexD2™ Switching Amplifier Technology
- Our latest generation of high-speed switching technology delivers superb full-range power, fidelity and efficiency.
- DSP acts as central clock for all channels to improve audio quality and reduce noise.
Ultra-Versatile Analog and Digital Inputs
- High-performance, differential-balanced analog inputs for outstanding noise rejection
- Accepts speaker level signals from 200 mV, up to 16V RMS, including those from many factory systems
- Optical Digital (Toslink) input permits direct connection of S/PDIF digital sources, bypassing A/D converter. Accepts up to 24 bit/192 kHz input.
- Independently configurable RCA analog and digital pre-outs (24 bit/96 kHz)
- Automatic turn-on options via Signal-Sensing or DC-Offset sensing
Functional Compact Chassis Design
- Solid cast alloy main unibody and bottom plate deliver superb EMI performance and shielding
- All connections utilize compact mating connectors for maximum integrity and fitment into tight spaces.
- Configurable LED logo ring displays status and can display audio preset color code or user-defined color
- Logo badge can be oriented in 90 degree increments
- Corner caps engineered to conceal mounting holes and hardware
JLid™ System Command and Control with Networking Capabilities
JL Audio's digital protocol provides control interface and communication between VXi amplifiers and optional JLid™ accessories, including:
- DRC-100/DRC-200/DRC-205 (coming soon) Digital Remote Controllers: Offers convenient level and DSP preset control from the driver's seat.
- VXi-BTC Bluetooth® Communicator (coming soon): Permits wireless configuration of VXi amplifiers using your compatible Apple® or Android® device.
- VXi-HUB Optical Network Hub (coming soon): Provides network connectivity for up to five slave VXi amplifiers, allowing synchronization of DRC controllers and DSP presets. Up to two VXi-HUBs can be daisy-chained to network up to ten VXi amplifiers.
Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V:
|@ 4 Ω||75 W RMS x 4|
|@ 2 Ω||100 W RMS x 4|
|Bridged @ 4Ω||200 W RMS x 2|
|@ 4 Ω||60 W RMS x 4|
|@ 2 Ω||90 W RMS x 4|
|Bridged @ 4Ω||180 W RMS x 2|
|Frequency Response||12 Hz - 24 kHz (+0, -1dB)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power
|99 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W
|80 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to highest rated power
|101 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W
|81 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)|
|Damping Factor @ 4 Ω||>100 / 50 Hz|
|Damping Factor @ 2 Ω||>50 / 50 Hz|
|THD+N @ Rated Power||<1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.|
|Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs||200 mV - 16 V RMS|
|Min.Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge||4 AWG wire|
|Fuse Rating||40 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)|
|Height (H)||2.12 in / 54 mm|
|Width (W)||9.02 in / 229 mm|
|Depth (D)||6.62 in / 168 mm|
|Net Weight||5.0 lb / 2.27 kg|
|Shipping||This Item Ships to The United States|
|Please allow 10 business days for your order to arrive if it is an item that is built to order. Items that are not built to order (e.g. amplifiers, speakers, .etc) typically ship the next business day. We process and build orders in the order that we receive them. This allows our experts to go over every order and check that your particular order is correct for your particular bike. This means sometimes you have to wait a little longer to get your order but it's always worth it!|
There are many more speakers, amplifiers, and kits to choose from than what you see here.
Please allow 10 business days for your order to arrive if it is an item that is built to order. Items that are not built to order (e.g. amplifiers, speakers, .etc) typically ship the next business day.We process and build orders in the order that we receive them. This allows our experts to go over every order and check that your particular order is correct for your particular bike. This means sometimes you have to wait a little longer to get your order but it's always worth it!
Returns are easy, simply contact us for a returns number and send your item to our returns centre for fast processing. We'll get you a replacement or refund in a snap! You can find our refund policy here.
Returns are easy, simply contact us for a return Authorization number and send your item to our returns center for fast processing. We'll get you a replacement or refund in a snap! You can find our refund policy here.
Your part is guaranteed to fit. We test fit every part we sell on actual bikes in order to verify fitment on each model, generation, and in each possible location. You can be sure that if we have stated that a part fits your bike, that it will, or your money back. You will find model, year, and location fitment details on most product pages.
Ordering from American Hard Bag is 100% safe and secure so you can rest easy. Your personal details are never shared, sold or rented to anyone either.
We Thoroughly Test Every Part We Sell on a Real Bike. There are a lot of parts out there that we refuse to sell. If it’s not up to our high standards, it never makes it to this website. We have parts that fit various budgets and levels of insanity, but all parts we carry are exceptional performers.
Because We Are Fully Authorized Retailers for All Brands We Sell, Manufacturers Warranties Are 100% Valid. There are only a select few authorized online retailers for the brands that we sell. Most all online retailers (even the really big ones) are not authorized at all! And the manufacturer's warranty is void before you even get your items.
Finance Up to $3,000 Today and Shop Right Away
American Hard Bag has teamed up with Snap Financing to offer our customers a 100 day same as cash financing option. We have found this to be a great program. We advise you to pay off your purchase within 100 days to take advantage of $0 in fees. We cover the financing fee as long as you pay your purchase off within the 100 days. After that point fees will apply.
Get $100 Off Your Order!
For a limited time only we are giving $100 off qualifying orders of $1,500 or more that are financed through SNAP(our kickass finance company). $100 comes right off the total of your order. Orders under $1,500 still qualify for 100 days same as cash with no credit needed.
No Interest & You Pick Your Payments
We pay your initial SNAP processing charge for you. There is an initial charge that SNAP has for running the application, but we cover that charge entirely for you when you make your purchase. SNAP gives our customers 100 days to pay and not incur any fees or interest. So your entire purchase is "Same As Cash". No hidden fees.
No Credit Needed & No Hard Credit Inquiry
Snap has an 80% approval rate. It's simple. If you have had a job for 90 days or more, have a checking account in good standing, and make more than $1,200 a month you should qualify. You never have to worry about your credit score being affected by applying. So there is nothing to lose except a great opportunity.
Bad Credit, No Credit, OK!
Snap Finance provides easy financing for people with good or bad credit just the same. Even if you have no credit, Snap is a great way to finance the things you need. It’s not a traditional loan, but a consumer lease that spreads out your purchase over 100 days.
We don’t pull credit from the main credit bureaus (CRAs)- because that actually can hurt your credit! And our finance experts are here to help. What does that mean to you? Even with a low credit score, you have a great chance of being approved with Snap! Don’t let no or bad credit stand in your way anymore.
High Credit Limits
Not only do we offer high approval rates, we offer high approval amounts as well. So if you have a job and good banking history, apply today to see how much you qualify to receive. Once approved we’ll set up easy automatic payments which makes owning the new audio system for your Harley or upgrading your existing system a breeze. Don’t let your credit history stand in the way.
All you need to begin a new application is:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a steady job with reliable income
- Have an active checking account
$450 is the minimum amount that can be financed.